Conditions of Use
Use of this website, businessmonitor.com, signifies your full agreement to the Conditions of Use. Please read these terms carefully before you use the website. This website, businessmonitor.com, is owned and operated by Business Monitor International Ltd., and the contents of the site, including all intellectual property, trademarks, logos, design and text, are the exclusive property of Business Monitor International Ltd, and are protected, throughout the world, without limitation, persuant to copyright and trademark laws. No materials from businessmonitor.com may be modified, copied, downloaded, uploaded, reproduced, repackaged, republished, transmitted, redistributed or resold in any way, either in whole or in any part, without the prior written permission and consent of Business Monitor International Ltd, which permission and consent, if and as individually granted under specific terms and conditions of use, in no way compromises the copyright, trademark and proprietary rights of Business Monitor International, all of which are left intact and unaltered at all times. Use of the materials contained on this website, or any other publication or service owned by Business Monitor International Ltd, on any other website, is strictly prohibited.
Business Monitor International makes no representations or warranties, and accepts no liability of any kind for any loss or damages resulting from the use of this site or any materials contained on it, which are provided "as is" and "as available". Business Monitor International makes no representations or warranties that the materials on this site are error-free, or that they are fit for any particular purpose or requirements. Nor does it warrant the mechanical operation of businessmonitor.com or any of its contents. No statement on this website is to be construed as a recommendation to buy or sell assets, or to provide investment advice.
The Subscriber has purchased a non-transferable, non-exclusive, license to access specific BMI Online Services, which will be subject to the following terms and conditions. The "content" within the database is also referred to in this agreement as "material", "intellectual property" “report” and "data". Once your organisation, or a person within it, has had access to any Content subject to these conditions, you are agreeing that your organisation is deemed to be aware of, and consents to, this Agreement.
License Agreement for the Supply of Business Monitor International (BMI) Online Information Services
- AVAILABILITY OF SERVICES
BMI will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Services will be made available to the Subscriber 24 hours per day throughout the Subscription Period ("Normal Service Availability"). However BMI reserves the right to, a) to vary the Normal Service Availability in any way provided it gives the Subscriber 48 hours notice of its intention to do so. b) to suspend the Services temporarily in the event of technical difficulties or other circumstances beyond the reasonable control of BMI. In the event of any such variation or suspension of Services BMI will use all reasonable endeavours to resume Normal Service Availability as soon as practicable but shall not be liable for any loss, damage or claim caused by such variation or suspension.
- AUTHORISED USE OF SERVICES
- Access to the Services is restricted to the specific named users as identified to BMI. The subscriber will notify BMI as soon as a user has left the company, or no longer requires access, so that a replacement user can be assigned access during the term of the agreement.
- Where specific IP addresses are authorised to have access, these should be advised to BMI.
- The Subscriber also warrants that:
- it shall ensure that any user name, Password or other identification measure employed to access the Services is not disclosed to any person other than the persons authorised to access the same; and
- all authorised persons will use the Services only in accordance with this Agreement; and
- its information technology systems and paper record systems are secure and not capable of penetration (including by 'hacking' or physically) by unauthorised persons and that all data derived from the Services shall be kept secure; and
- it shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to the activities contemplated under this Agreement, in particular the Data Protection Acts 1984 and 1998.
- OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The Subscriber acknowledges that:
- all Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) (including all patents, copyrights, rights in software, design rights, trade marks, service marks, trade secrets, know-how, database rights, domain names, and all other intellectual or industrial property rights (whether registered or unregistered)) and all applications for the same, anywhere in the world) in the Services, the information contained therein, in all documentation, training materials and related matter, and in all parts thereof, are owned by BMI;
- that it does not have any IPR nor any other proprietary interests in the Services, or in any data or material contained in it; and
- except as expressly permitted in this Agreement, nothing herein shall be taken as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right to use any IPR in the Services without the prior written approval of BMI or third parties who may own such IPR.
- The Subscriber undertakes that it will not copy, reproduce, extract or transmit in any form or otherwise deal with in any way, the whole or part of the data, materials or information contained in the Services except as provided in sub-clauses (iv) (a.) and (b.) below.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing in advance by BMI, the material (in whole or in part) may not be sold, nor passed on, communicated, or disseminated in any form, nor access granted to any third party (including but not limited to clients/potential clients/suppliers/agents/partners in other ventures/accountants/solicitors/bankers/ brokers/licensees). Nor to any subsidiary, associated or holding company (whether direct or indirect) of the subscriber, whether trading or non-trading, or to any entity trading under the same umbrella trading name where the direct equity interest is different in any way to that of the subscriber.
- The Subscriber may only use the Services for its own business or internal purposes as follows:
- It may only store material in the memory of, display material upon the monitor of, and use the printing facilities connected to, the PC through which the Services are being accessed in order to download and/or access material.
Where the Subscriber effectively copies, or has effectively copied, the intellectual property onto a hard disk, file server or equivalent at its own premises for ease of use, reference or any other reason, it is hereby agreeing to limit access to the nominated users unless otherwise agreed in writing, and upon payment of additional fees to BMI.
- distribute copies in paper and/or electronic form of material so long as all copies made are distributed:
- within the immediate organisation of the Subscriber and the Subscriber acknowledges that any distribution to any third party outside of its organisation (including without limitation any subsidiary, associated or holding company of the Subscriber) then it will indemnify BMI against any claim arising from the unauthorised distribution and be liable for a sum equivalent to the loss in sales revenue (at the prevailing copy price per whole report or the rate card price for an annual subscription to the relevant database as published from time to time by BMI) caused by any unauthorised distribution of any part(s) of any report(s).
- The Subscriber, (or any subsequent user, whether licensed or unlicensed), will not place financial reliance upon any figure, statement or inference contained within any BMI's report or intellectual property, or invite investment from others, without first obtaining the written consent of BMI's company secretary so to do. In the event that the Subscriber (or any subsequent user, whether licensed or unlicensed) does not follow this procedure, it (or any subsequent user, whether licensed or unlicensed) agrees to fully and effectually indemnify BMI against any claims, howsoever arising.
The Subscriber undertakes to pay for the supply of the Services for the initial and any subsequent terms of the Agreement in accordance with clause 6, and the Subscriber undertakes to settle invoices issued by BMI in respect of the Services within 30 days of receipt. Failure to settle in full on these terms may lead to the imposition of interest charges upon the Subscriber at 6.5% per annum. BMI will not provide a pro rata refund once such a subscription has been made available to the subscriber, as all subscriptions will run their full term.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY
- Except as provided in Clause 5 (ii), all conditions and warranties whether express or implied by statute or otherwise (including but not limited to those as to description, merchantability or fitness for purpose) are excluded from this agreement. In particular whilst BMI aims to ensure that material contained within the Services is accurate and complete, BMI gives no warranty, express or implied, that the material supplied as part of the Services is suitable for any particular purpose, nor that it is complete, correct, or up to date.
- BMI will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Services and any software relating thereto provided by BMI will perform in accordance with any BMI user guide that is available. In the event of an established failure of the Services, BMI's obligation shall be limited to using its reasonable efforts to remedy any deficiencies in the relevant Services, or at its option, to canceling, crediting or refunding all charges due from the Subscriber in respect of any period for which the Services have failed to perform correctly. The obligation to correct defects or cancel, credit or refund a proportionate part of the charges described above shall constitute the full extent of BMI's liability in respect of any loss or damage sustained by the Subscriber whether caused by breach of this Agreement, misrepresentation, negligence of BMI (or its employees or agents) or from any other cause, and in particular, BMI shall not be liable for any consequential, economic or other direct or indirect loss (including but not limited to any damages payable to a third party, loss of profits or wasted resources) suffered by the Subscriber, provided that if for any reason this provision is invalid or unenforceable, the maximum aggregate liability of BMI shall not exceed the total annual charges payable by the Subscriber for the Services. The foregoing exclusions and limitations of liability shall not apply in the case of death or personal injury.
- SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD & TERMINATION:
- This agreement shall be for an initial minimum period of 12 months (unless otherwise agreed in writing). The subscription shall be automatically renewed on the last day of the agreement, for an equal period to that of the initial term. The Subscriber may terminate the subscription by serving notice, in writing, 60 days prior to the last day, of the end of, either the initial period or any subsequent periods thereafter, allowing the agreement between BMI and the subscriber to expire on the last day of the term where notice has been served. BMI may also notify the subscriber at any time, during the term of the current agreement of any changes in the cost to the subscriber for the use of the online services BMI offer during the subsequent term.
- BMI may terminate this Agreement, with immediate effect and without notice, in the event that the Subscriber has defaulted in the performance of any material provision contained in this agreement and (where capable of remedy) such default has not been remedied within 30 days after written notice thereof shall have been given to the defaulting party. Termination of this Agreement for any reason shall not affect BMI's right to recover any moneys due at the time of termination or to recover damages for any breach of contract before termination.
The Subscriber undertakes to keep confidential and not to disclose to any third party or to use itself, any confidential or secret information in any form directly or indirectly belonging or relating to BMI, its or their business affairs, disclosed by BMI or received by the Subscriber pursuant to or in the course of this Agreement ("Confidential Information").
The Subscriber undertakes to disclose Confidential Information of BMI only to those of its officers, employees, agents and contractors to whom and to the extent to which disclosure is necessary for the purposes contemplated under this Agreement.
The above obligations of confidentiality and non-use shall not apply to information or material:
- Which is named by the Subscriber prior to receipt from BMI as evidence by documents in the possession of the Subscriber at the time of disclosure;
- Which, after receipt from BMI, is disclosed to the Subscriber by a third party having the legal right to do so;
- Which is available to the public at the time of receipt of BMI; or (d) which becomes available to the public after receipt from BMI through no fault of the Subscriber.
- FORCE MAJEURE
No party shall be liable to the other for the delay or non-performance of its obligations under this Agreement arising from any cause or causes beyond its reasonable control including without limitation, any of the following: act of God, government act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion.
No forbearance or delay by BMI in enforcing its rights will prejudice or restrict the rights of BMI, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms will be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach.
- NO ASSIGNMENT
The benefit of this Agreement may not be assigned in whole or in part by the Subscriber without the prior written consent of BMI.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT
This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between BMI and the Subscriber relating to BMI services and supersedes and replaces any prior agreements and arrangements of whatever natures relating thereto. For the avoidance of doubt, BMI is hereby giving notice that subscriptions provided previously under different contractual arrangements will continue under those earlier terms until the earliest termination date provided, whereupon the terms and conditions of this agreement will prevail for any continuation of Service thereafter.
If any party of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable the rest of the Agreement shall nevertheless remain in full force and effect.
- LAW GOVERNING THE TERMS
Use of this Website and these Terms shall be subject only to the laws of England and Wales which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use.
The Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all claims or disputes arising in relation to, out of or in connection with this Website and its use and these Terms.