Unparalleled analysis of the oil and natural gas industry in developed and emerging markets, with a key focus on exploration, production, refining, and fuel trade and consumption.
Our Oil & Gas Service provides you with commercially-focused industry analysis to help you:
- Make expertly-informed investment decisions
- Expand your operations in developed, emerging and frontier oil & gas markets
- Enhance your global growth strategy
Products & Services
Business Monitor Online Services:
- Our BMO Oil & Gas Service - offers comprehensive coverage for country, regional and global Oil & Gas markets with access to our entire range of Oil & Gas Reports and related articles all in one place.
- Our daily alerts critically assess all major Oil & Gas developments as they happen to keep your finger on the pulse of activity that could affect your operations.
- You can access the extensive databases used to construct our views, including the Upstream Projects and Global Refining Databases, which cover the progress of all major upstream and global refining projects in each state, and use them interactively, along with other powerful tools designed to assist your strategic planning.
- We produce more than 70 Oil & Gas Reports giving you in-depth ready-to-use analysis and findings on individual countries.
- The reports contain key stress-tested industry forecasts, growth assumptions and competitive analysis for each country.
- Together our reports cover states accounting for virtually all global oil and gas output.
- Budgeting and Strategic Planning
Our independent industry forecasts help you identify exciting opportunities for new investment and growth.
- Manage Risk
Our risk ratings help you pinpoint operational, market and country-specific risks to your activity.
- Trend Analysis
Reviews of the latest industry trends enable you to evaluate the commercial potential in your sector.
- Competitor Analysis
Competitive landscape analysis provides invaluable insight when assessing your competitors’ activities and position in the market.
Key features of our Oil & Gas Reports and BMO Service:
Our unbiased 10-year oil & gas forecasts help you plan your company’s short and long-term growth strategy.
Indicators we forecast by country include:
- Oil Production
- Oil Reserves
- Refining Capacity
- Oil Consumption
- Net Oil Exports
- Gas Production
- Gas Reserves
- Gas Consumption
- Gas Trade
- Energy Prices
- Our unique risk/reward ratings allow you to identify operational risks and evaluate potential investment opportunities
Benchmark your own activities against your competitors on a country-by-country basis using:
- Our comprehensive portfolio of more than 300 country-specific company profiles.
Our Oil & Gas Track Record
View: Rosneft's unilateral move to push forward with a LNG export project at Sakhalin is an overt challenge to Russia's restrictive gas export policy, which reserves gas export rights solely for Gazprom. The need to support state coffers with revenues from gas sales could force the government to relent on its position in order to expand Russia's presence in the growing Asian LNG market, though any liberalisation of its gas export policy will likely be limited to select players in the short-term.
View: We have identified some more esoteric risks to our forecasts, especially for WTI, which we will monitor in the coming months to gauge the extent to which they will impact the assumptions underpinning our forecast. We can also see a scenario for 2014 onwards in which the spread narrows very rapidly.
View: We have long been highlighting the knock-on effects that the boom in US natural gas production is having on Mexico - namely that Mexican natural gas consumption is soaring on the back of a growing abundance of cheap supply. The beneficiaries of such developments will be those midstream companies able to meet this growing demand, as well as the Mexican manufacturing sector and consumer, each benefitting from an increasingly cheap and abundant supply of electricity.
View: Unconventional oil exploration has the potential to change the dynamics governing the oil market. We anticipate that the successes recorded in North America and most recently Argentina with shale oil exploration will catalyze the adoption of the technology for other plays across the world in the coming years, presenting clear upside risks to global oil reserves and a downside risk to oil price forecasts.