NHIS Provides Coverage To Only 36% Of Population, Says Oxfam


News: The National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) in Ghana provides health insurance coverage to only 36% of population and excludes the remaining 64%, of whom the majority are poor, according to a report on Financing Universal Healthcare by Oxfam. The report stated that although the NHIS has reportedly been successful in the country, about 64% Ghanaians still have to meet healthcare expenses out-of-pocket. The report also cautioned that health insurance schemes that are promoted and launched by certain donor agencies and governments in developing countries exclude underprivileged citizens, usually the poorest and most vulnerable people.

This article is tagged to:
Sector: Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare
Geography: Ghana

Related products in our Store...

Check out our most popular reports below or view more in our store